The Kingdom of Seims
“The Seims army has a state”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Kingdom of Seims is a huge, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 376 million Seimses have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Mia. The average income tax rate is 36.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Seimsish economy, worth 29.6 trillion Guldens a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Woodchip Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 78,746 Guldens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home, there's a lot of mouth-breathers about these days, and business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seims's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Seims voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : Seims voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Following new legislation in Seims, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Following new legislation in Seims, there's a lot of mouth-breathers about these days.
- : Following new legislation in Seims, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Following new legislation in Seims, prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present.
- : Seims was endorsed by The Republic of Limburgvolk.
- : Following new legislation in Seims, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license.
- : Following new legislation in Seims, Saint Mia's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight.
- : Following new legislation in Seims, unwary hikers climbing the bluffs of Mount Saint Mia make great practice for foreign snipers.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Saint Pallas, Walfo, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, GanymedEuropa, NorthPortugal, Nuweland, Prussian-Union, Super Happy Land, Yahlia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Ausvelt, The Champions League, Republic of Satherland, Invernessia, Elisabethshagen, Saint Domingo, Kalifer and Baska, The Seven Provinces, The British Royalist Union, Enway, Othenhiem, Quentenia, Falvaard, Greater Albaina, Shaor, Purgatio, Rivierenland, Northern German Federation, Abject Ludicrosity, Castelblancia, Irminsulia, Mons Graupius, Azitupia, Maritzal, Nardin, Thracia Republic, Ostermarch, Wessex and Cornwall, North of Americas, Jim the Baptist, The Twelve Nations of Eastern Europe, Yoannes, Wombelland, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Slavonia and Srijem, St Scarlett, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Puerto Thelosia, Destyntine, Armbruster, and 34 others.Velosia, Apabeossie, Romana Imperium de Italia, Dark Matter, Meropis, Terdiatlans, Evergreen Keys, Leranditale, An Clar, The New Nordic Union, South St Maarten, Grodisze, The Mongol Plain, Ukallingrad, Lieges, Martelon, Crestphalia, Galway-Dublin, Imperium Anglorum, Regnum Italiae, Mallesia, Savinecross, Dizgovzy, Chronus, The New Mexican Confederation, Pavaludia, United Engiresco, Vostokian Union, New Hevania, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Zarulia, Someseni, Trixeland, and Kanokla.