The Sleepy Shores of Sedgistan 8
“All that glitters is not gold”
|Category: Conservative Democracy|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Sleepy Shores of Sedgistan 8 is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its daily referendums, frequent executions, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 21.119 billion Sedgistan 8ians are known throughout the region for their efficiency and work ethic, as well as their general suspicion of leisure.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 36.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Sedgistan 8ian economy, worth a remarkable 1,276 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 60,458 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Soldiers with colourful mohawks make themselves perfect targets for snipers, the colors pink and purple are banned from military unit insignia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sedgistan 8's national animal is the dinosaur, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sedgistan 8's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Sedgistan 8 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Sedgistan 8 relocated from Abandoned accounts to Artificial Solar System.
- : Sedgistan 8 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Sedgistan 8's influence in Abandoned accounts rose from "Zero" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Sedgistan 8 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Abandoned accounts.
- : Sedgistan 8 endorsed The Deep State Agent of Antifa Temptresses.
- : Sedgistan 8 was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Radiant Sword 10.
- : Sedgistan 8 was endorsed by The Broken Keyboard of Pressing N A Lot.
- : Sedgistan 8 was endorsed by The Grace and Precision of Oaks 151.