The Misty Mountains of Sedgisatan
“All that glitters is not gold”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Misty Mountains of Sedgisatan is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Sedgisatan with an iron fist, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, ritual sacrifices, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 21.746 billion Sedgisatanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sedgi-Hell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.2%.
The powerhouse Sedgisatanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,165 trillion Levees a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 145,576 Levees, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 797,632 per year while the poor average 13,543, a ratio of 58.9 to 1.
The government is cracking down on subversive groups, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, and the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Sedgisatan's national animal is the Black Dog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Sedgisatanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sedgisatan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Sedgisatan's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Sedgisatan applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Sedgisatan relocated from Colonized MODK to Artificial Solar System.
- : Sedgisatan resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Sedgisatan's influence in Colonized MODK rose from "Zero" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Sedgisatan was endorsed by Tgu forever 4.
- : Sedgisatan endorsed The Grace and Precision of Oaks 175.
- : Sedgisatan endorsed The Honeycombers of Beekeeping.
- : Sedgisatan was endorsed by The Grace and Precision of Oaks 175.