The Democratic Republic of SecularNorth
“Religion is bullshit”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Democratic Republic of SecularNorth is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate population of 592 million SecularNorthians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Belladonna. The average income tax rate is 82.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming SecularNorthian economy, worth 62.9 trillion Litas a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,218 Litas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Engine room hooch is the drink of choice among the nation's navy, newspapers and TV broadcasters are given a list of 'acceptable words', both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade, and officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. SecularNorth's national animal is the Cory Chase, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists.
- : SecularNorth was endorsed by The Holy Capitalist Haven of La xinga.
- : SecularNorth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : SecularNorth voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade.
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, newspapers and TV broadcasters are given a list of 'acceptable words'.
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, engine room hooch is the drink of choice among the nation's navy.
- : Following new legislation in SecularNorth, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics.
- : SecularNorth was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : SecularNorth endorsed The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Marrabuk, Liberstankonia, Pakitsk, Brotherland, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, East Malaysia, Ridann, Axdel, Rainbow Vests, Azureano, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, Asendavia, Tretrid, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Elejamie, Rhealaliit, Plazland, Unger under over, Republic of Berzerkistan, Roliganistan, The Empire of Rijelv, Headpat Central, Aeljae, Lantros, The Almighty Country, Cameronia Excellentia, Greater New Cassandra, Wizardonia, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Freedom Fascists, Hokolokia, Rohanland, Mays Austrian Nation, The Eternal Land of Jong, Joundia, Nigon, Raunch, The Brazillian Parlament Of Idideology, Staynes, Capetlant, Evrigenis, Oofery, Servants of Gizmo, Technocratic Tagalog, Sovietsoyuz, Goodnamesarerare, and 39 others.Order of the saint Dumas, Talitoa, Lanagon, Acronis, Under Sea Desert, Pekweng, Modra, Kucia, Iodinia, BearStackof2015, Dragonia, Arkantis, Someseni, Adavan, Davinhia, Monix, Impia Aghte, Martonica, Tuvaltastan, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Jyzeria, A Slanted Black Stripe, Eagas, Riveraland, Squid Ruinosa, Sansangra, Filipopol, Gyp Land, A mean old man, BuciLand, Biggstonia, Stellar Colonies, Coruh, Santa Dystopia, Kagorg Bra Corna, Bytes, Survivoristan, Refuge Isle, and La xinga.