The People's Socialist Republic of Saniston
“Proletarians and peasants of all countries, unite!”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: The Communist Bloc
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The People's Socialist Republic of Saniston is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, soft-spoken computers, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.297 billion Sanistons love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shaojiang. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Sanistonan economy, worth 247 trillion digital labour-vouchers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 107,813 digital labour-vouchers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Professionals are ready to retire by the time they receive permission to use their credentials, public shaming is the bedrock of Sanistonan society, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records, and the military is researching proton packs and PK-meters to combat "unseen enemy forces". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Saniston's national animal is the komodo dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Marxism-Leninism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Saniston, the military is researching proton packs and PK-meters to combat "unseen enemy forces".
- : Following new legislation in Saniston, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
- : Saniston voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Saniston voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Saniston, public shaming is the bedrock of Sanistonan society.
- : Following new legislation in Saniston, professionals are ready to retire by the time they receive permission to use their credentials.
- : Following new legislation in Saniston, the streets are ravaged by murder and violence to prove political points.
- : Saniston endorsed The United Socialist States of Socialist States of United Socialism.
- : Following new legislation in Saniston, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life.
- : Saniston was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Illeron, Marxmeans, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Kethania, Rothnia, New Astri, Ubertas, Shamian, Anarchic Cirrikh, The Steephills, Virgondo, The Tsardom of Muscovy, Bananorium, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, BurningPhoenix, Daiamid, Theria Han, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Ganjallia, Rubumba, United States of Stalinia, Ostveimar, The Passerine Islands, Dylan Murdoch, Ruso-German Union, Thebrin, Redternetia, Pajonia, Red Vostroya, Vestrik, Alvandalus, Majdoor, Council of America, Piellices, Radicalania, Phallas, West Plavia, Vilouki, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Vereinte Deutsche Foederation, Cinnamon Resort, Dagorach, Bibliophilius, Arsa, The Democratic Democracy of Democracies, Brezzia, Domona, Soviet Felines, Rojavaria, Kahira el-Mubaraka, and 2 others.Mazovian Proletarians, and Jutlop.