The Republic of Sal-geria
“I will never forgive you!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: Impractical Jokers Jokes
Regional Influence: Power
The Republic of Sal-geria is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 520 million Sal-gerians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 38.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Sal-gerian economy, worth 19.6 trillion dinars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 37,761 dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sal-geria's national animal is the Sal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sal-geria's influence in Impractical Jokers Jokes rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Sal-geria's influence in Impractical Jokers Jokes rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Sal-geria's influence in Impractical Jokers Jokes rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Sal-geria's influence in Impractical Jokers Jokes rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- : Sal-geria's influence in Impractical Jokers Jokes rose from "Diplomat" to "Contender".
- : The United States of A-Murr-ica renamed the office held by Sal-geria from "Sal for RP" to "Sal for RP (My Fourth)" in Impractical Jokers Jokes.
- : Sal-geria's influence in Impractical Jokers Jokes rose from "Zero" to "Diplomat".
- : Sal-geria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Sal-geria agreed to construct embassies between Impractical Jokers Jokes and Psychopaths.
- : Sal-geria lodged a message on the Impractical Jokers Jokes Regional Message Board.