The Empire of Ryreza
“Ryreza above all”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Location: The Western Isles
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Empire of Ryreza is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 239 million Ryrezans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.9%.
The very strong Ryrezan economy, worth 16.5 trillion Bachgas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Average income is 69,095 Bachgas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 234,645 per year while the poor average 15,010, a ratio of 15.6 to 1.
The government snoops on private internet connections, euthanasia is legal, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and people often feel unbalanced by their daily commute. Crime is moderate. Ryreza's national animal is the Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ryreza was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Ryreza voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Death Penalty Ban"".
- : Following new legislation in Ryreza, people often feel unbalanced by their daily commute.
- : Ryreza's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Ryreza's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ryreza was endorsed by The Großeurannien Königreich of Eurania.
- : Ryreza's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ryreza's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ryreza was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Ryreza was endorsed by The Free Lands of Vancouvia.