The Armed Republic of Rutre
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Armed Republic of Rutre is a very large, cultured nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 195 million Rutreans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.7%.
The all-consuming Rutrean economy, worth 18.8 trillion Red Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 96,578 Red Dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 431,699 per year while the poor average 13,400, a ratio of 32.2 to 1.
Praying before a battle is a court-martial offence, jail house rock has been replaced with jail house golden oldies, tax rises are attributed to divine will, and the public transport system has been eliminated. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rutre's national animal is the Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rutre, the public transport system has been eliminated.
- : Following new legislation in Rutre, tax rises are attributed to divine will.
- : Following new legislation in Rutre, jail house rock has been replaced with jail house golden oldies.
- : Following new legislation in Rutre, praying before a battle is a court-martial offence.
- : Following new legislation in Rutre, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in Rutre, baby dolls thrown in the trash are a leading cause of panic attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Rutre, Rutre is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- : Following new legislation in Rutre, the might of the entire Rutrean Navy is focused on fifty bemused spear-throwing islanders.
- : Rutre was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Rutre, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.