The Free Land of RustyNails
“Lick it, good”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Hatchling
The Free Land of RustyNails is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 3.789 billion RustyNailsians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 63.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong RustyNailsian economy, worth 179 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 47,386 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association, vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas, and new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. RustyNails's national animal is the Unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : RustyNails's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : RustyNails was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : RustyNails was endorsed by The Prettiest Nation in TRR of Miss Hungary.
- : RustyNails was endorsed by The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : RustyNails's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : RustyNails relocated from Iberian Empire to The Rejected Realms.
- : RustyNails was ejected from Iberian Empire by The Republic of Iberian Lynx.
- : RustyNails voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : RustyNails voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : RustyNails's influence in Iberian Empire rose from "Page" to "Squire".