The Theocracy of Roragoss
“God, Family, Homeland”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Theocracy of Roragoss is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by The Lord Protector with an even hand, and notable for its triple-decker prams, avowedly heterosexual populace, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, devout population of 2.931 billion Roragossians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The city of Saints. The average income tax rate is 62.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Roragossian economy, worth 307 trillion Roses a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 105,060 Roses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Young girls often attend the same schools as their children, a life spent suffering in silence is considered noble, libraries are refusing to stock A Midsummer Night's Dream because it has an ass in it, and lavish state dinners in The city of Saints are the state's leading budgetary expenditure. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Roragoss's national animal is the Rabbit, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Roragoss was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Roragoss was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Roragoss was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Roragoss was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : Roragoss was endorsed by The Republic of New Belgrade.
- : Following new legislation in Roragoss, lavish state dinners in The city of Saints are the state's leading budgetary expenditure.
- : Following new legislation in Roragoss, libraries are refusing to stock A Midsummer Night's Dream because it has an ass in it.
- : Following new legislation in Roragoss, a life spent suffering in silence is considered noble.
- : Following new legislation in Roragoss, young girls often attend the same schools as their children.
- : Roragoss was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Qvait, Aumeltopia, Mapico, Amerion, Land Without Shrimp, Aidenfieeld, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Beepee, Wehraboos, Bear Connors Paradiso, Farengeto, Bleakfoot, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tsvetania, Noveos, New Briantown, Kandorith, Tsunamy, PenguinPies, Linguiniland, Erinor, Bawkie, Techganet, Terran Draconia, Baltenlands, The Filippinas, Ebonhand, Kringalia, West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Anserisa, Sedunn, Holy Free, Marinho Islands, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Nowa Europa, Sandaoguo, Shefino, Markla, Drugged Monkeys, Belschaft, Myness, Midand, Concrete Slab, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Laamiva, Merevane, Tepertopia, and 32 others.Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Royaltica, Zataras, Alfama, Brunier, Rabbitz, Rebel-topia, Apartment 11F, Rotenaplistan, The Imperial Frost Federation, Armonitopia, Rishiku, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.