The Holy Empire of Rommanda
“Strength Through Unity, Unity Through Faith”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Holy Empire of Rommanda is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Archduke n Blaster Master Reivaj III with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, smutty television, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 15.924 billion Rommandans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Industry and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial Greater Parusia. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Rommandan economy, worth a remarkable 9,602 trillion Kilos de Vergas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 603,039 Kilos de Vergas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Bands of adventurers rove the countryside searching for monsters, students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, and suburban backyards are seized by the government and turned into national parks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Rommanda's national animal is the Vergasaurio, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Vale Verguismo.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rommanda, suburban backyards are seized by the government and turned into national parks.
- : Following new legislation in Rommanda, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Rommanda, students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50.
- : Following new legislation in Rommanda, bands of adventurers rove the countryside searching for monsters.
- : Following new legislation in Rommanda, the might of the entire Rommandan Navy is focused on fifty bemused spear-throwing islanders.
- : Following new legislation in Rommanda, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Rommanda.
- : Following new legislation in Rommanda, Archduke n Blaster Master Reivaj III's recent "I have a dream that we will fight them by raking muck on the beaches" speech seems a little derivative to many.
- : Following new legislation in Rommanda, new pilots are regularly reminded that they are more expendable than their planes.
- : Following new legislation in Rommanda, Archduke n Blaster Master Reivaj III signs the laws but abides by none of them.
- : Following new legislation in Rommanda, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
Endorsements Received: 103 » Meat Sandwich, Imkiville, The New California Republic, General Mike, Aigania, Nargorthia, Margandy, Aaecilia, Ni Hon, Captain Apollo, Aflana, Wintermoot III, Bobs raider puppet, Saundie, Pherttsylvania, Aleckandor, New Rogernomics, Killer Kitty, Courlany, Treadwellia, Edranian Land, Tiegenhof, United States of Reagan, Calicate, Aguaria Major, Skin Nation The Second, Egyptos, Americastrailia, Sophisica, Loftegen 2, Custadia, Leonism, Hycronesia, Caybow, Fluffiness, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Seatlantis, Kan Po, The Rin Mang, Greygard, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Altmar, Derthal, Your Imaginary Friend, Denado, Axixic, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, and 53 others.Burning Pants, Lazarene Ryccia, Lake Flotillas, Mainze, Volac, Guiness Freaks, Rangers Brotherhood, Ergtrini, Emperor PJ, Red-Black Scar, Ireland Isles, The American Powerhouse, The Utopian Initiative, Ramagiest, Capercom, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, The Great Shepherds, Port Flynt, NewLeaf, Darkium, Apicem Rapax, Lingord, Middle Ketalia, Marcellinople, Dracovis, Praenestia, The Torrentin, Halliway, Leton, Wishper, Xracona, Ecchi Unlimited, The Celestial Lands, Zadaria, The Daedric Lords, Kunigund, Hickerbilly, The Salvation States, The Illusian Empire, Kappan, Makdon, Steel Vagabonds, Turkish-Ottoman, Lutfan, Nova Zemlya, Sireco, Othan, Kakatiya, Wilhelmsborough, Zapatian Workers State, The Sigometh Dynasty, Yocat, and Shangri-La Valley.