The Holy Empire of Rome and Ancona
“Fides est regni tutela”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Holy Empire of Rome and Ancona is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Holy Emperor Amadeus VI Magnus with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, fear of technology, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, devout population of 9.016 billion Roman Anconitans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The large, moralistic, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, with Law & Order, Spirituality, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Rome. The average income tax rate is 72.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Roman Anconitan economy, worth 913 trillion Denariums a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 101,291 Denariums, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, soldiers who shoot themselves in the foot are regarded as heroes, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, and monochrome green ECO-RAA products adorn the supermarket shelves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rome and Ancona's national animal is the Lion of Judah, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rome and Ancona's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Rome and Ancona was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Rome and Ancona, monochrome green ECO-RAA products adorn the supermarket shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Rome and Ancona, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Rome and Ancona's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Rome and Ancona's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Rome and Ancona relocated from The League of Conservative Nations to The Rejected Realms.
- : Rome and Ancona was ejected from The League of Conservative Nations by The Consular Founder Account of Adawn.
- : Rome and Ancona's influence in The League of Conservative Nations rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Power".
- : Rome and Ancona was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.