The Republic of Restelsche
“Together For A Better Country”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Republic of Restelsche is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 400 million Restelscheans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rivendell. The average income tax rate is 60.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Restelschean economy, worth 24.9 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 62,206 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, street preachers spend more time condemning government bureaucracy than passers-by, the number of judges has tripled in recent months, and the nation is renowned abroad for its love of blood and guts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Restelsche's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Restelsche was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Restelsche was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Restelsche, the nation is renowned abroad for its love of blood and guts.
- : Restelsche was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Restelsche's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Restelsche voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Restelsche voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Restelsche, the number of judges has tripled in recent months.
- : Following new legislation in Restelsche, street preachers spend more time condemning government bureaucracy than passers-by.
- : Following new legislation in Restelsche, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Tepertopia, Holota, Marinho Islands, Qvait, PenguinPies, Corgitopiaa, Blondiesland, Amerion, Scu Greinne, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, Shuckle Empire, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Jehenna, Conexia, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, Tsunamy, Treir, Death to democracy, Wehraboos, Rebel-topia, Volaworand, Erinor, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aumeltopia, Ebonhand, Belschaft, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Bichedder, LadyRebels, Holy Free, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, and Ipugao.