The Confederacy of Rectionk
“Keep your eyes on the prize!”
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Confederacy of Rectionk is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Minister Harrison with an even hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 1.556 billion Rectionians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry, Education, and Law & Order are also considered important, while International Aid and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rectonia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Rectionkian economy, worth 288 trillion credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 185,406 credits, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
Prank shows are so hot right now, politicians have been known to swim in pools filled with credits, most people learn to drive on crash courses, and signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Rectionk's national animal is the lemur, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rectionk, signs at the border tell international drivers where they can put their cars.
- : Rectionk endorsed The Holy Republic of East Nagaland.
- : Rectionk was endorsed by The Holy Republic of East Nagaland.
- : Following new legislation in Rectionk, most people learn to drive on crash courses.
- : Following new legislation in Rectionk, politicians have been known to swim in pools filled with credits.
- : Following new legislation in Rectionk, prank shows are so hot right now.
- : Rectionk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Rectionk, foreigners are treated with great suspicion.
- : Following new legislation in Rectionk, the intelligence community is playing 4-D chess with an imaginary spy network.
- : Following new legislation in Rectionk, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets.
Endorsements Received: 105 » Curlyhoward, Laamiva, Corgitopiaa, Qvait, The Worst army of, Crystal Creation, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Erinor, PenguinPies, Yeldarbsland, Land Without Shrimp, Ralphburg, Bawkie, New Briantown, Bleakfoot, Wehraboos, Tsunamy, Farengeto, West Pastafaria, Maximvs Tarvgvs Rex, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, Tsvetania, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Jehenna, Andinla, Concrete Slab, Gonrati, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The Filippinas, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Western Fardelshufflestein, Ebonhand, Theorin, Auphelia, Aidenfieeld, Tepertopia, Kandorith, Phanama, Merevane, Purple Hyacinth, Brunier, House Ahsanul, Zataras, Rebel-topia, Alfama, Marinho Islands, and 55 others.Sedunn, Nowa Europa, Vanbella, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Proctethia, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, Yellunstryer, Belschaft, Abyssal Phantasm, Rotenaplistan, Unidum, Beepee, Blondiesland, Eskvenn, Los Rodeos, The Imperial Frost Federation, Aurcania, Berlana, Wakandan Tribes, Canmore, Treir, Tioloman, Synarion, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wallechi, Truskawkoland, Lionstrapower, Scu Greinne, Honey Cake, Holota, Qawe, LadyRebels, The Altan, Levistian, Seythennia, Yeses, Doge Land, Death to democracy, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, Margila Islands, West Bridgeport, Libedistan, Greater Scottdascoda, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Carrelie, Ipugao, Noimosini, The United Australian States, Freavia, Populaa, and East Nagaland.