The Republic of Reathwood
“To shield and shrithe”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The Western Isles
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Reathwood is a huge, safe nation, notable for its smutty television, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 837 million Reathwooders enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 30.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Reathwood economy, worth 44.6 trillion shillings a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Trout Farming, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 53,256 shillings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls, the aims of top-secret Reathwood science projects revolve around designing the perfect robot woman, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, and criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Reathwood's national animal is the golden drake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Reathwood's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Reathwood endorsed The Commonwealth of Osemira.
- : Reathwood was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Osemira.
- : Reathwood endorsed The Parliamentary Republic of Chasia.
- : Reathwood was endorsed by The Parliamentary Republic of Chasia.
- : Reathwood endorsed The Kingdom of Romsland.
- : Reathwood was endorsed by The Kingdom of Romsland.
- : Reathwood voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Minineenee".
- : Reathwood voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Reathwood voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibition Of Honor-Based Violence".