The Kingdom of Reannia
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Kingdom of Reannia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Her Majesty with an even hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, humorless population of 9.357 billion Reannians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Environment, with Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lynne. The average income tax rate is 99.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Reannian economy, worth a remarkable 1,343 trillion Leafmarks a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an impressive 143,599 Leafmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Defense lawyers suggestively note to juries how flagrantly happy victims were, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects, and the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Lynne. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Reannia's national animal is the Reannian Red Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Reannia was endorsed by The Dogtatorship of Hoochlandia.
- : Reannia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Reannia, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Lynne.
- : Following new legislation in Reannia, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects.
- : Following new legislation in Reannia, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Following new legislation in Reannia, defense lawyers suggestively note to juries how flagrantly happy victims were.
- : Following new legislation in Reannia, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Reannia, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment.
- : Following new legislation in Reannia, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Following new legislation in Reannia, foreign policy is mostly just to smile and hope for the best.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Ownzone, Ransium, Cannibaland, Canaltia, Candlewhisper Archive, Eryndlynd, Kawastyselir, Ruinenlust, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Chilledsville, The Black Forrest, Turbeaux, Ironic Remarks, Caterasia, Ziotah and Riverside, Frieden-und Freudenland, Dwardossa, Feladria, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Entitize, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Wantevolo, Window Land, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Love and Nature, Verdant Haven, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Octopus Islands, Bananaistan, Artemis, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Lura, Eaven, Tur Ada, Palos Heights, Cheloboria, Appendia, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, New Ladavia, Effazio, Talgarth, and 2 others.Jutsa, and Hoochlandia.