The High Priesthood of Raxion
“blessed is the outcome, whatever it may be”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Contender
The High Priesthood of Raxion is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The High Priest with an iron fist, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, ubiquitous missile silos, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 20.126 billion Raxonions are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Melody. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Raxonion economy, worth a remarkable 6,489 trillion Blessings a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 322,451 Blessings, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's weary schoolchildren excel at sport but must count scores on their fingers, videogames like 'Equalia: Knights of Self-Confidence' are proving inexplicably unpopular, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes, and government officials say that if you close your eyes and wish really hard the budget deficit will go away. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Raxion's national animal is the Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Entropy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Raxion withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of Rievr.
- : Raxion withdrew its endorsement from The 100 day bard of Spiff Co.
- : Raxion voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Raxion withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of Dill.
- : Raxion was endorsed by The Alfonzian Colony of Boda.
- : Raxion lost the endorsement of The Protectorate of Altrius Station.
- : Raxion withdrew its endorsement from The Protectorate of Altrius Station.
- : Raxion was endorsed by The King Regent of Kothica.
- : Raxion removed the tag "Theocratic" from Entropy.
- : Raxion added the tag "Surreal" to Entropy.