The Democratic States of Ragbag
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Democratic States of Ragbag is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 468 million Ragbagians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Welfare, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ye. The average income tax rate is 65.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Ragbagian economy, worth 14.7 trillion RAGS a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 31,353 RAGS, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Atheists in the nation feel uneasy living in buildings where they were once vilified, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, and Ragbag has designated Ye as its capital city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ragbag's national animal is the Guy from Liberty Mutual, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ragbag was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Danily.
- : Ragbag was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Solanosco.
- : Ragbag voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Ragbag changed its national capital to "Ye" and its motto to "Yeah".
- : Following new legislation in Ragbag, Ragbag has designated Ye as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Ragbag, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- : Following new legislation in Ragbag, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes.
- : Following new legislation in Ragbag, atheists in the nation feel uneasy living in buildings where they were once vilified.
- : Following new legislation in Ragbag, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Ragbag, the suicide rate mysteriously skyrockets during census years.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Qvait, Purple Hyacinth, Jehenna, Erinor, Tepertopia, Concrete Slab, Corgitopiaa, Marinho Islands, Holota, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Treir, Beepee, Wehraboos, Scu Greinne, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aumeltopia, PenguinPies, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Aidenfieeld, Holy Free, Amerion, Belschaft, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Wakandan Tribes, Ipugao, Ebonhand, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Sandaoguo, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Direwolf1, Kaoia, JavaSiege, Freedoom, Dalegreen, Kaleidescooptopia, Rhetiaa, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Agletgreenia, North Prarie, and 4 others.Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Solanosco, and Danily.