The United Kingdom of Quark Unit
“Greatness through innovation, power through intellect”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The United Kingdom of Quark Unit is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Liang Proton with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.431 billion Quarks enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jiben Lizi. The average income tax rate is 46.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Quark economy, worth 255 trillion credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 178,630 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Bars are packed at all hours, everybody's got wood thanks to Liang Proton, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Quark Unit's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Quark Unit was endorsed by The Colony of Eastie.
- : Quark Unit was endorsed by The Great and Mighty Ego of Ramaeus.
- : Quark Unit was endorsed by The Imperical Empire of Dragons Blood.
- : Quark Unit was endorsed by The Great Congregation of Brethren.
- : Following new legislation in Quark Unit, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Quark Unit, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Following new legislation in Quark Unit, everybody's got wood thanks to Liang Proton.
- : Following new legislation in Quark Unit, bars are packed at all hours.
- : Following new legislation in Quark Unit, Liang Proton's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Quark Unit was endorsed by The Fruity Republic of Pisqantinsuyu.
Endorsements Received: 75 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Fedele, Axdel, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Hizuru, Brotherland, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, Someseni, BearStackof2015, Just Vale 2, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Marrico, Am Echad, Coequalia, Pakitsk, Blazing Samaritan, Kilkire, Taurora, Aeljae, The United Neo American Union, Skandinavistan, Drunken Seal Islands, Talitoa, Roliganistan, Bai Lung, Roissyland, Kangarawa, Survivoristan, Propwash, Bytes, Unger under over, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Harro Waarudho, Kaigi, Federated States of Zootron, Goodnamesarerare, The Empire of Rijelv, Galve, The Romanum Legio, Republic of Berzerkistan, Osterreich und Ungarn, Staynes, Slys Paws, Ribanzi, Wanabe, Libertanny, and 25 others.Escade, Stanisiti, Liberstankonia, Lerasi, Under Sea Desert, Sericena, Mossy-Oak, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Headpat Central, The Sacred Whale, La xinga, Sadghanistan, Socialist Holy American Empire, Avakael, Yemeni Locusts, BNV, Matdor, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Johnny Appleseed1, Eagas, Brethren, Dragons Blood, and Eastie.