The Borderlands of Pyatzvezkie
“There is no route that leads out of this place”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Location: First World Order
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Borderlands of Pyatzvezkie is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 492 million Pyatzvezkieans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20.7%.
The all-consuming Pyatzvezkiean economy, worth 40.1 trillion Government Mandate Noteses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 81,523 Government Mandate Noteses, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
All government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Pyatzvezkie City, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Pyatzvezkie's national animal is the Vultures, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pyatzvezkie's influence in First World Order rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Pyatzvezkie's influence in First World Order rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Pyatzvezkie's influence in First World Order rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Pyatzvezkie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Pyatzvezkie, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector.
- : Pyatzvezkie was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- : Following new legislation in Pyatzvezkie, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- : Following new legislation in Pyatzvezkie, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.
- : Pyatzvezkie relocated from The North Pacific to First World Order.
- : Pyatzvezkie lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.