The Democratic Republic of Psipi
“Wait and they will fall into your hand”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Democratic Republic of Psipi is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 752 million Psipians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 54.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Psipian economy, worth 59.6 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 79,191 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events, defense lawyers suggestively note to juries how flagrantly happy victims were, and the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Psipi's national animal is the emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Psipi was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Psipi was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Psipi was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Psipi was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Psipi was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : Psipi was endorsed by The Republic of New Belgrade.
- : Psipi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Psipi was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Psipi, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
- : Following new legislation in Psipi, defense lawyers suggestively note to juries how flagrantly happy victims were.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Qvait, Marinho Islands, Amerion, Tepertopia, Corgitopiaa, Bawkie, Phanama, New Briantown, Bleakfoot, Armonitopia, Land Without Shrimp, PenguinPies, Aidenfieeld, Treir, Wehraboos, Crystal Creation, Volaworand, Bartonia Nova, Ebonhand, Aumeltopia, Kandorith, Belschaft, Erinor, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Purple Hyacinth, Levistian, Wallechi, Rebel-topia, Auphelia, Holota, New Goldman, Farengeto, Zataras, Wakandan Tribes, Canmore, Qawe, The Altan, WI SD EA D, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, and 4 others.New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.