The United Kingdom of Praenestia
“Peace through Strength”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The United Kingdom of Praenestia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Praenestis Leader with an iron fist, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, unlimited-speed roads, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 24.703 billion Praenestians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Praenestiaopolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 50.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Praenestian economy, worth a remarkable 5,650 trillion Sesterceses a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 228,738 Sesterceses, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Praenestis Leader's perky ego is the talk of the town, viewers get headaches from trying to read the screen full of small print warnings that precede most TV shows, the new Praenestian-made OS is buggier and more inconvenient than a horse-drawn carriage, and the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Praenestia's national animal is the Dire Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ultra Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Praenestia was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Kingdom of Napels.
- : Praenestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Praenestia, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- : Following new legislation in Praenestia, the new Praenestian-made OS is buggier and more inconvenient than a horse-drawn carriage.
- : Following new legislation in Praenestia, viewers get headaches from trying to read the screen full of small print warnings that precede most TV shows.
- : Praenestia endorsed The Republic of Extrememeasures.
- : Praenestia was endorsed by The Republic of Extrememeasures.
- : Following new legislation in Praenestia, Praenestis Leader's perky ego is the talk of the town.
- : Praenestia endorsed The Golden Lands of Shardventoria.
- : Praenestia endorsed The Republic of Svarnland.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Aigania, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Meat Sandwich, Marcellinople, General Mike, Dhan, The New California Republic, Axixic, Ni Hon, Saundie, Aaecilia, Courlany, Treadwellia, Aleckandor, Darkium, New Rogernomics, Auralon, Wishper, Caybow, Greygard, Denado, Perchan, Burning Pants, Rommanda, Guiness Freaks, The Sigometh Dynasty, Custadia, Winx club, Flurf, Manaric, Mainze, Darcaethir, Leonism, Issrak-om, The Islands of Colwell, TypoTech, Skin Nation The Second, Rangers Brotherhood, Port Flynt, Silver Minner, Nucular, State of Cascadia, Debussy, Ashoy, Wassily Universal Rifling Company, Steel Vagabonds, The Gelseen Hegemony, Kryansk, Proletarianssss, Cervidaea, and 32 others.Fluffiness, Xalivstonia, Americastrailia, Saint Alaric, Iron Alliance, Greater East Portage, Titana Drago, Islayth, Fortytipper, Pepe Pip, Enkowshe, Japba, Pepper Island Democratica Freeland Papri, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Alf53, Flasankia, Evenaar, The Free States of The North, Calicate, Nimaric, Sierra Arali, Ugunnustan, Illen Falis, Brrrrr, Malororia, RedBrickLand, Ottokratland, Greater Gyelidor, Suvmia, Shardventoria, Svarnland, and Extrememeasures.