The Kingdom of Pori
“Freedom is not given, it's earned by blood”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Pori is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 319 million Porians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.4%.
The thriving Porian economy, worth 27.5 trillion Porins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Average income is 86,159 Porins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 369,490 per year while the poor average 12,859, a ratio of 28.7 to 1.
Hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework, old warplanes and tanks that break down can't be repaired since no one makes the parts anymore, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Leader to meetings with foreign heads of state, and exorbitant spending on icebreakers breaks the ice at every budget meeting. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Pori's national animal is the Turtle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pori was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Pori was endorsed by The Republic of Aquamarine Island.
- : Pori was endorsed by The Insane Zombie Nudist Colony of LadyRebels.
- : Pori was endorsed by The Merry Poppyns of 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121.
- : Pori was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Following new legislation in Pori, exorbitant spending on icebreakers breaks the ice at every budget meeting.
- : Following new legislation in Pori, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Leader to meetings with foreign heads of state.
- : Following new legislation in Pori, old warplanes and tanks that break down can't be repaired since no one makes the parts anymore.
- : Following new legislation in Pori, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework.
- : Pori was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Qvait, Marinho Islands, Holota, Belschaft, Wehraboos, Delhities, Tepertopia, Nowa Europa, Treir, Bleakfoot, The Altan, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Andinla, Land Without Shrimp, Rebel-topia, Volaworand, Aidenfieeld, Death to democracy, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Erinor, Farengeto, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Zataras, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Bichedder, Holy Free, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ceutalia, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, LadyRebels, Aquamarine Island, and Ipugao.