The Republic of Poliastan
“Made by the people for the people”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Republic of Poliastan is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 714 million Poliastanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Annex City. The average income tax rate is 35.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Poliastanian economy, worth 39.3 trillion Polias a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 54,984 Polias, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation sends criminals home to think about what they did, the Poliastan Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Poliastanian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity, and uploading purple prose to social media earns a place on a government watchlist. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Poliastan's national animal is the Smew, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Poliastan was endorsed by The Federation of New Stracjyen.
- : Poliastan was endorsed by The Parliamentary Republic of Trixeland.
- : Poliastan was endorsed by The Federal Kingdom of Nardin.
- : Poliastan was endorsed by The Holy Roman Empire of TF1 TASK FORCE 1.
- : Poliastan was endorsed by The Technocratic Space Kingdom of Destyntine.
- : Poliastan was endorsed by The Fifth Dual Republics of Kanokla.
- : Poliastan's influence in Europe rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Poliastan, uploading purple prose to social media earns a place on a government watchlist.
- : Following new legislation in Poliastan, the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Poliastanian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity.
- : Following new legislation in Poliastan, the Poliastan Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon'.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Drew Durrnil, Pavaludia, Walfo, Shaor, Imperium Anglorum, Meropis, Othenhiem, Republic of Satherland, The Champions League, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Invernessia, Dizgovzy, Thracia Republic, Leranditale, Ausvelt, St Scarlett, Elisabethshagen, North of Americas, United Engiresco, Northern German Federation, Regnum Italiae, Abject Ludicrosity, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Rivierenland, Jim the Baptist, The Seven Provinces, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Dark Matter, Irminsulia, The New Nordic Union, Someseni, Kanokla, Destyntine, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Nardin, Trixeland, and New Stracjyen.