The Empire of Phaerra
“Justice, Piety, Loyalty”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Empire of Phaerra is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its smutty television, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 411 million Phaerrans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaerai. The average income tax rate is 51.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Phaerran economy, worth 22.3 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Pizza Delivery, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 54,195 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
International collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Phaerra, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants, undersea volcanoes receive strongly worded letters for violating environmental regulations, and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Phaerra's national animal is the Siberian Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Phaerra was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of TyGerria.
- : Following new legislation in Phaerra, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Phaerra, undersea volcanoes receive strongly worded letters for violating environmental regulations.
- : Following new legislation in Phaerra, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants.
- : Phaerra endorsed The Empire of Rising Sakura.
- : Phaerra was endorsed by The Republic of AmManies.
- : Phaerra was endorsed by The Empire of Rising Sakura.
- : Following new legislation in Phaerra, international collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Phaerra.
- : Following new legislation in Phaerra, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Phaerra, kids who move from attending a public school in the city to the country often struggle in goat milking class.
Endorsements Received: 156 » Imperial Pieserged, Ethnon, Francois Isidore, Climeria, Cajland, Shibutani, Bankowiata, Corfad, Orado, The Rhein States, Hamerica, Yokciq Empire, Bharathvarsh, Aeolist, Hardscrabble, Venicea, Former English Colony, Illusia and Neverendia, Siwale, Advancia-Sizzletown, Lulubellia, Ellbonnia, Dangine, Aerilia, Svenskskit, Koda-Land, Cretox State, Guer Aike, The Tampa Bay Rays, Steampunk Ariel, Aryan Homeland, Omnistria, Kranostav, Eri-Maqa-Ena, McMasterdonia, Loutsland, Dreadton, Landfinia, Dar es Saalam, Zemnaya Svoboda, Valentine Z, Wineclaw, Notyoutopia, Great Bights Mum, Communist Lukania, Jaxikistan, Abiswashyo-bhumi, Mon Island, Wilkshire, Xagill, and 106 others.Yaorozu, Konolas, Draconian Progression, Selfgradatude, Xyrron, Empy, Tamarvand, Republica Guilleana, North Bratislava, Sil Dorsett, 5 kingdoms of Britannia, Votak Matim, Dicko, Figyjharli, Gendirt, Pasargad, Xentherida, Orkentine, Defense For The World Assembly, New Lakemba, Territorio di Nessuno, El Fiji Grande, Potatolandium, Kromi, Tyirza, Zzozona, Sudestasia, Tsandonown, Visdenburg, Seijitsu, Sikol, German Spitsbergen, Northern Roman Republic, Strongwill, Arquan, Impel Down, ForestMythal, Libertania Democratica, Kragsgale, Siforpeo, Sounq, Soleha, Pallaith, Britle, Wapistan, The Bureaucratic Territories, Yellops, Planes, Travislavania, Neopie, Capablanca, Old Emporia, Seanat, Sunto, Shadowrik, Atlunartemis, Desvios, Frances Francis the First of France, Tringapore, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, East Akra, The Queens Crusaders, Libvillia, Cartures, Rosuncommon, Runeda, Humptalumpta, Super Girl, Greater Ale Permars, The Pantheons, Ariele, Anungu, Merconitonitopia, The Brunchovian Republic of Pina Colada, Kastonvia, Madjack, Card Kingdom, The Mazur Empire, Nodnarb, Bearical, Unshleepd, Andanx, Muqatil, Nova Arcania, Que Lukustinardon, Outer Shenendoah, Lionia, Logovets, Blyskalia, ROM, Vesteysia, New Celoveniortan, Nimarya, Chips and Guac, Sahriastan, Simone Republic, Pazair, United States of Medford, The Calabash Protectorate, Praeceps, Palgo, Dabarastan, Pleroma Sans Romans, Rising Sakura, AmManies, and TyGerria.