The Semi Holy Purple Oligarchy of Pelariac
“Leave the world like we came in; covered in blood”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Semi Holy Purple Oligarchy of Pelariac is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Oligarch Maestro with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 1.8 billion Pelariacians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pirouline. The average income tax rate is 32.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Pelariacian economy, worth 353 trillion Pelarcians a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 196,264 Pelarcians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's once beautiful countryside has turned brown as farmers spray potent pesticides, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise, the nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy, and the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pelariac's national animal is the Penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pelariac was endorsed by The Principality of Freavia.
- : Following new legislation in Pelariac, the government prefers to kill off its enemies by peaceful means.
- : Following new legislation in Pelariac, the nation turns a blind eye to human rights abuses in its quest for athletic supremacy.
- : Following new legislation in Pelariac, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Pelariac, the nation's once beautiful countryside has turned brown as farmers spray potent pesticides.
- : Following new legislation in Pelariac, the nation's children are known for being even more apathetic and cynical than their parents.
- : Following new legislation in Pelariac, chrome-clad space marines are such stuff that dreams are made on.
- : Pelariac was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Pelariac was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Pelariac, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
Endorsements Received: 80 » Erinor, Qvait, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Bawkie, Mapico, Farengeto, Land Without Shrimp, Kringalia, Hanguk-Nippon, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Anserisa, Volaworand, Wehraboos, Beepee, Xandev, Holy Free, Tsunamy, Marinho Islands, Auphelia, The Filippinas, Kandorith, Corgitopiaa, Nowa Europa, Ralphburg, Shefino, New Briantown, West Pastafaria, Myness, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Concrete Slab, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Laamiva, Andinla, Ebonhand, Merevane, House Ahsanul, Aidenfieeld, Tepertopia, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Zataras, Alfama, Sedunn, Vanbella, and 30 others.Los Rodeos, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Apartment 11F, Rotenaplistan, Eskvenn, Markla, Rebel-topia, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Techganet, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, WI SD EA D, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, Ipugao, and Freavia.