The Republic of Peach 12
“You Can't Stop Progress”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Republic of Peach 12 is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, enslaved workforce, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 2.165 billion Peach 12ians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26.6%.
The strong Peach 12ian economy, worth 115 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 53,487 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 198,321 per year while the poor average 10,150, a ratio of 19.5 to 1.
Army rations are served on silver platters, high school bands practice by moonlight, rich people sell their mansions to pay for endless rows of mobile homes, and citizens are forced to donate blood once every three months. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Peach 12's national animal is the Dog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Peach 12's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Peach 12's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Peach 12's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Peach 12's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Peach 12 was refounded in Balder.
- : Peach 12 ceased to exist in Cota 7.
- : Peach 12's influence in Cota 7 fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Peach 12's influence in Cota 7 fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Peach 12's influence in Cota 7 fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Peach 12's influence in Cota 7 fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Dealmaker".