The Socialist Federal Republic of Paulistania
“Pro Paulistania Fiant Eximia”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The Communist Bloc
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Socialist Federal Republic of Paulistania is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Presidente with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 1.221 billion Paulistanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of São Paulo. The average income tax rate is 66.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Paulistanian economy, worth 193 trillion Bandeiranteses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 158,287 Bandeiranteses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, a government program is underway to revitalize Paulistania's beaches, the government defends a woman's right to choose, and bargain-hunting is considered unpatriotic. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Paulistania's national animal is the Onça Suçuarana, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paulistania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Paulistania, bargain-hunting is considered unpatriotic.
- : Following new legislation in Paulistania, the government defends a woman's right to choose.
- : Following new legislation in Paulistania, a government program is underway to revitalize Paulistania's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Paulistania, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Following new legislation in Paulistania, the government's new "quiet competence" initiative has supporters and detractors alike reeling in confusion.
- : Paulistania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Paulistania endorsed The Socialist Federation of Canadian Democratic Republics.
- : Paulistania was endorsed by The Socialist Federation of Canadian Democratic Republics.
- : Following new legislation in Paulistania, hordes of unemployed lumberjacks have resorted to cutting down utility poles to satisfy their cravings.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Shamian, The Movion, East Shancia, Kethania, Socialist Balkon, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Techno Socialystiche, Soviet State of Covernant, Comuny, Flying-Penguins, Repolaa, The Transmanian Islands, Pajonia, Socialist Heronia, Trombossa, New Modriudor, Ma pi kulupu, Exania, Carrico, Czecho-Slovakian Union, Manchukurun, Ugriasau, Sith Isles, Mandimbisoa, Democratic-Socialists, Saxxony, Puaco, and Canadian Democratic Republics.