The Vegetarian Utopia of Paul McCartney
“Hi, I'm Paul and I play the uh.......uh.......the bass.”
Location: Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos
Regional Influence: Contender
The Vegetarian Utopia of Paul McCartney is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and compulsory vegetarianism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 37.218 billion Paul McCartneyians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Welfare, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Healthcare is ignored. The average income tax rate is 16.3%.
The strong Paul McCartneyian economy, worth a remarkable 3,236 trillion Bass Guitars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is dominated by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Average income is 86,964 Bass Guitars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, citizens must pay to enjoy Paul McCartney's pristine beaches, universities are populated by the spawn of the upper classes, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Paul McCartney's national animal is the Lovebird.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paul McCartney's influence in Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Paul McCartney's influence in Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Paul McCartney's influence in Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos rose from "Handshaker" to "Contender".
- : Paul McCartney's influence in Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos rose from "Nipper" to "Handshaker".
- : Paul McCartney altered its national flag.
- : Paul McCartney relocated from Balder to Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos.
- : Paul McCartney was refounded in Balder.
- : Paul McCartney ceased to exist in Quiet Cottage on the Edge of the Cosmos.
- : Paul McCartney was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Paul McCartney was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.