The Pubs of Parkplace
“The hills of ParrrrTay are staggering!”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Pubs of Parkplace is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its parental licensing program, sprawling nuclear power plants, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 35.723 billion Parkplaceans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ParrrrTay City. The average income tax rate is 77.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Parkplacean economy, worth a remarkable 2,875 trillion Daquireses a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 80,482 Daquireses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes, white strait-jackets are the new orange jumpsuits, eerie glow-in-the-dark cornfields give farmlands an uncanny appearance, and drugs containing the compound "oleum de serpens" are being sold to cancer patients. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Parkplace's national animal is the Cookie Monster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Parkplace voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Parkplace lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
- : Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Parkplace voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : Parkplace endorsed The Dominion of Corvono.
- : Parkplace voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
Endorsements Received: 31 » Cowland5, Kiljarit, Almonaster Nuevo, Mojaguay, Devil Heart, Wild Mustanges, Firefights, New Vinland, Mirahge, Maple Islands, Craptastica, MitkoSLand, British Canuckistan, Laughterandsunshine, Arcaz, Dudecia, East Canuck, SLAM-ER, Grand Quebecois, New South Elbonia, SetiCrunchers, Vancili, Utopia Planitas, New Kylynd, Oilers Fans, Elite-Earth Toy Company, The Socialist Provinces of Canada, Cliyf Drines, Stormaen, Vidit, and Vancouver-Juneau.