The Holy God-Fearing Federation of ParaSymmetry
“Nation of Friendship and Oppression”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Holy God-Fearing Federation of ParaSymmetry is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Eternal Paramount Emperor with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 820 million ParaSymmetrics enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient ParaSymmetryian economy, worth 133 trillion Bits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 163,274 Bits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The seventh son of a seventh son is fated to be a millionaire, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, ParaSymmetry's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, and more and more people are signing up for the government party. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. ParaSymmetry's national animal is the Vampire, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in ParaSymmetry, more and more people are signing up for the government party.
- : Following new legislation in ParaSymmetry, ParaSymmetry's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- : Following new legislation in ParaSymmetry, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security.
- : ParaSymmetry was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in ParaSymmetry, the seventh son of a seventh son is fated to be a millionaire.
- : Following new legislation in ParaSymmetry, the standard government reply to any query is "there is no spoon".
- : Following new legislation in ParaSymmetry, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation.
- : ParaSymmetry was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Rainbow Vests.
- : ParaSymmetry was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in ParaSymmetry, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Pakitsk, East Malaysia, Marrabuk, VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, Asendavia, Evrigenis, H-Zhena, Brotherland, New Leganes, Ridann, Eagas, Modra, Zukchiva, Merlovich, Liberstankonia, Tretrid, Stellar Colonies, Staynes, Acronis, Tuvaltastan, Axdel, Interdimensional Waifus, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bzux, Ayaupia, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, The Eternal Land of Jong, Lunaeria, Raunch, Goodnamesarerare, Greater New Cassandra, Mays Austrian Nation, Technocratic Tagalog, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, A mean old man, Filipopol, Santa Dystopia, Coruh, Refuge Isle, and Rainbow Vests.