The Kingdom of Paplia
“Rise from the ashes”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Kingdom of Paplia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Aaron Notario with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.708 billion Paplians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dextros. The average income tax rate is 83.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Paplian economy, worth 179 trillion Paps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 66,318 Paps, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause, supervisors in Paplia commonly tie bells on their necks to alert employees of their presence, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, and recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paplia's national animal is the Pheonix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paplia changed its national leader to "Aaron Notario".
- : Paplia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Paplia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Paplia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Paplia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Paplia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Public Access to Court Records".
- : Paplia was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Paplia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Paplia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Paplia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.