The Armed Republic of Papahania
“In God We Trust Too”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The North Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Armed Republic of Papahania is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 681 million Papahanians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Lennakan City. The average income tax rate is 30.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Papahanian economy, worth 48.1 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Retail. Average income is 70,697 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Babies are increasingly seen as a luxury, student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, and convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Papahania's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Papahania was endorsed by The Empire of Teothopia.
- : Papahania was endorsed by The Republic of AmManies.
- : Papahania was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Cam Zazi.
- : Papahania was endorsed by The Caspian Commonwealth of Dabarastan.
- : Papahania was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Palgo.
- : Following new legislation in Papahania, convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing.
- : Following new legislation in Papahania, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Following new legislation in Papahania, student exchange programs are in trouble as everyone wants to leave but no-one wants to come.
- : Following new legislation in Papahania, babies are increasingly seen as a luxury.
- : Following new legislation in Papahania, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations.
Endorsements Received: 131 » Lulubellia, Francois Isidore, Hardscrabble, Aerilia, Koda-Land, The Tampa Bay Rays, Zemnaya Svoboda, The Rhein States, Bankowiata, Republica Guilleana, Orado, Omnistria, Yokciq Empire, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Star Kingdom, Yaorozu, McMasterdonia, Guer Aike, Valentine Z, Loutsland, Dreadton, Hamerica, Corfad, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Imperial Pieserged, Shibutani, Maott, Zzozona, Notyoutopia, Cretox State, Valgarda, Svenskskit, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Bharathvarsh, Figyjharli, Heilhum Imperius, Ravendi, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Empy, Kragsgale, Sikol, New Lakemba, Wilkshire, Illusia and Neverendia, Madjack, Votak Matim, Wineclaw, Sachi, Frances Francis the First of France, and 81 others.Nodnarb, Xentherida, Ethnon, Great Bights Mum, Shadowrik, El Fiji Grande, Muqatil, Wapistan, Selfgradatude, The Republic of Free Peoples, Territorio di Nessuno, Dangine, Sunto, Former English Colony, Siforpeo, Travislavania, Sil Dorsett, The Pantheons, Chips and Guac, Simone Republic, Venicea, ForestMythal, Siwale, Xagill, Kranostav, Super Girl, Holy Oranz, Clan Spaniel, Xyrron, Pasargad, TyGerria, Northern Roman Republic, Aryan Homeland, Draconian Progression, Yellops, Ellbonnia, Climeria, Steampunk Ariel, Mon Island, Pleroma Sans Romans, Tyirza, Pallaith, Defense For The World Assembly, Seanat, Planes, Tsandonown, Libvillia, Greater Ale Permars, Ariele, Runeda, Merconitonitopia, Fraystonia, Card Kingdom, The Mazur Empire, Sopernia, East Akra, Bearical, Nova Arcania, Fizban, Unshleepd, Que Lukustinardon, Outer Shenendoah, Capablanca, Lionia, PotatoFarmers, Jaxikistan, Sahriastan, Blyskalia, Tibus Heth, The Calabash Protectorate, Vesteysia, Nimarya, Pazair, New Celoveniortan, Aruvicion, Praeceps, Palgo, Dabarastan, Cam Zazi, AmManies, and Teothopia.