The United Socialist States of PaleLand
“Alea iacta est”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Page
The United Socialist States of PaleLand is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Joseph Red with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 1.661 billion PaleLandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palesopoly. The average income tax rate is 71.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient PaleLandian economy, worth 165 trillion eurollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is 99,603 eurollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children in school playgrounds can be heard chanting the hymns of the Order of Violet, Politicism has been named as PaleLand's national religion, signs of extraterrestrial life are just foreign astronauts evading PaleLandian justice, and the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. PaleLand's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Politicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in PaleLand, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association.
- : PaleLand withdrew its endorsement from The Francophone-Chicagoan Hybrid of Le Libertia.
- : PaleLand was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of The Hinterplace.
- : PaleLand voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Challenging Sexually Exploitative Recordings".
- : PaleLand's influence in Europeia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : PaleLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : PaleLand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : PaleLand endorsed The Fantabulousness of Pichtonia.
- : PaleLand endorsed The Seaside Republic of Primorye Oblast.
- : PaleLand endorsed The Best Football Club of Mancheseva City.