The Protectorate of Paffnia
“Iuvans illos qui auxilium requirunt”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: 10000 Islands
Regional Influence: Squire
The Protectorate of Paffnia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Aleksandar Vekili with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 24.996 billion Paffniacs are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skoptopolis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The all-consuming Paffniac economy, worth a remarkable 5,426 trillion paffnars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 217,112 paffnars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, Aleksandar Vekili is strangely popular with male politicians' wives, the Treasury has been accused of flushing money down the toilet, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paffnia's national animal is the llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paffnia was endorsed by The Queendom of United Atle Lamton.
- : Paffnia was endorsed by The Principality of Aurum Port.
- : Paffnia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Waynorth.
- : Paffnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : Paffnia was endorsed by The Republic of United Kolane.
- : Paffnia was endorsed by The Technocratic Corporate Union of Hashari Darussalam.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, the Treasury has been accused of flushing money down the toilet.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, Aleksandar Vekili is strangely popular with male politicians' wives.
- : Paffnia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.