The Republic of Outer Bratorke
“Mistakes into Miracles”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Republic of Outer Bratorke is a massive, safe nation, notable for its lack of airports, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.818 billion Outer Bratorkeans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 94.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Outer Bratorkean economy, worth 325 trillion Nires a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 115,390 Nires, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums, tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, and there's an aura of pseudoscience around academia. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Outer Bratorke's national animal is the Pangolin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Outer Bratorke, there's an aura of pseudoscience around academia.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Bratorke, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Bratorke, tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Bratorke, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums.
- : Outer Bratorke was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Outer Bratorke was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Bratorke, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Bratorke, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Bratorke, armed security details escort librarians to their homes.
- : Following new legislation in Outer Bratorke, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Qvait, Hanguk-Nippon, Aidenfieeld, Mapico, Crystal Creation, Land Without Shrimp, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Wehraboos, Bleakfoot, Farengeto, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Beepee, Xandev, Tsvetania, Noveos, New Briantown, Tsunamy, PenguinPies, Linguiniland, Erinor, Bawkie, Techganet, Terran Draconia, The Filippinas, Ebonhand, Kringalia, Aurcania, West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Anserisa, Sedunn, Holy Free, Marinho Islands, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Kandorith, Nowa Europa, Shefino, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, Myness, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Laamiva, Volaworand, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Merevane, and 39 others.Tepertopia, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Zataras, Alfama, Eskvenn, Vanbella, Los Rodeos, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Euro Pacifica, Apartment 11F, New Goldman, Rotenaplistan, Canmore, Rebel-topia, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Changolandia, Bichedder, Libedistan, Westenhald, Carrelie, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, Freavia, and Ipugao.