The Commonwealth of Oswego
“Victory at all Cost”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Location: The League
Regional Influence: Squire
The Commonwealth of Oswego is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Lord Ty of Oswego with an even hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, disturbing lack of elderly people, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.066 billion Oswegoans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The City Of Rockwood. The average income tax rate is 14.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Oswegoan economy, worth 232 trillion Sils a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 112,558 Sils, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens worry more about a split end than their deceased parent, many mayors are barely in office before being kicked out for minor parking violations, when you fly on Air Oswego you win a seat or you die, and Lord Ty of Oswego has taken to wearing medal-adorned military uniform in all public appearances. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oswego's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oswego was endorsed by The United Republic of Eminople.
- : Oswego was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Oswego was endorsed by The Theocratic States of Icaris.
- : Oswego's influence in The League fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Oswego was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Oswego's influence in The League rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Oswego was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Oswego was endorsed by The Free Land of Osimiria.
- : Oswego was endorsed by The Free Republican State of Kovichialand.
- : Following new legislation in Oswego, Lord Ty of Oswego has taken to wearing medal-adorned military uniform in all public appearances.