The Great Forest of Ordand
“Strong as an oak”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Great Forest of Ordand is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Alexandra Winters with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, free-roaming dinosaurs, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.057 billion Ordandites are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ottosen. The average income tax rate is 78.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Ordandite economy, worth 226 trillion Soljoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 74,216 Soljoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-Soljo mansions, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast, and families are left homeless as entire suburbs are bulldozed on the whim of tribal chiefs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ordand's national animal is the Tardigrade, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ordand was endorsed by The Dogtatorship of Hoochlandia.
- : Ordand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Ordand, families are left homeless as entire suburbs are bulldozed on the whim of tribal chiefs.
- : Following new legislation in Ordand, the fire brigade often deal with cases of burnt toast.
- : Following new legislation in Ordand, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-Soljo mansions.
- : Following new legislation in Ordand, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Ordand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Ordand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Ordand, more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people.
- : Following new legislation in Ordand, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Turbeaux, Ruinenlust, Feladria, Reannia, Ransium, Verdant Haven, Canaltia, Novian Republics, Frieden-und Freudenland, Window Land, Dwardossa, Love and Nature, Candlewhisper Archive, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Cat-Herders United, Ironic Remarks, Eryndlynd, Chilledsville, Ownzone, The Black Forrest, Caterasia, Kawastyselir, Taco Respublic, Ziotah and Riverside, Forgotten Beauty, Edible Plywood, Hyon Delta, Vanenia, The Void Territories, Entitize, Lura, Octopus Islands, Kinectia, Bananaistan, Eaven, Artemis, Palos Heights, Bregaria, Cheloboria, Appendia, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Effazio, Middle Barael, Deontologia, New Kvenland, Tscharva, Awhaiti Kaiatu, and 20 others.Pythaga, Roless, Ashrah, Alcantaria, Tur Ada, Norginlajicratefe, South Wal Saland, Girelna, Cikya, Talgarth, Crowacia, Itini, La Merced, Jutsa, East Stederland, Forestal, Terrabod, Manniskoslaktet, New Ladavia, and Hoochlandia.