The Dictatorship of Optvania
“Defend the country!”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: Dead Sea
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Dictatorship of Optvania is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Kim Jung Stalilone with an iron fist, and notable for its closed borders, avowedly heterosexual populace, and smutty television. The hard-working, cynical, devout population of 2.98 billion Optvanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wolfville. The average income tax rate is 42.5%.
The strong Optvanian economy, worth 232 trillion Optvanian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 78,184 Optvanian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Students who refuse to pray are expelled from school, visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories, former stunt pilots are unable to pass the licence test to fly a drone, and gossip magazines have been replaced by mask catalogs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Optvania's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Optvania's influence in Dead Sea rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Optvania's influence in Dead Sea rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Optvania's influence in Dead Sea rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Optvania's influence in Dead Sea rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Optvania relocated from Osiris to Dead Sea.
- : Optvania was refounded in Osiris.
- : Optvania ceased to exist in Dead Sea.
- : Optvania's influence in Dead Sea rose from "Negotiator" to "Powerbroker".
- : Optvania's influence in Dead Sea rose from "Handshaker" to "Negotiator".
- : Optvania's influence in Dead Sea rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".