The Queendom of Ooglyland
“Oofing all the way!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Queendom of Ooglyland is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its national health service. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 437 million Ooglylandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 26.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Ooglylandian economy, worth 22.2 trillion Oofleses a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Average income is 50,820 Oofleses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government-sponsored autobiography 'A Leader For All Seasons' has only been bought by the most loyal of Leader's supporters, therapists can always squeeze in another house-call, officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists, and Brancalandian is the primary spoken language at most major tech companies. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ooglyland's national animal is the Silver-striped Oofish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ooglyland, Brancalandian is the primary spoken language at most major tech companies.
- : Ooglyland was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Ooglyland was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nova Kobol.
- : Ooglyland was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Ooglyland was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Ooglyland was endorsed by The PRARIE FOR CULTURE of MNA 33rd Infantry Regiment.
- : Ooglyland's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Ooglyland was endorsed by The Republic of New Belgrade.
- : Ooglyland was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Ooglyland was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Qvait, Volaworand, WI SD EA D, Amerion, Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Tepertopia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Treir, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Farengeto, Bawkie, Wallechi, PenguinPies, Nowa Europa, Auphelia, Wehraboos, Zataras, Andinla, Aumeltopia, Scu Greinne, Holota, Belschaft, Jehenna, Drystar, Qawe, Kandorith, The Altan, Rebel-topia, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Erinor, Purple Hyacinth, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, LadyRebels, Bichedder, Holy Free, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ceutalia, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, and 2 others.Nova Kobol, and Ipugao.