The Empire of Onder Kelkia
“Politics is the art of the next best”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Empire of Onder Kelkia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Hair Broom with an even hand, and notable for its triple-decker prams, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 13.236 billion Onder Kelkians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Inginas. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Onder Kelkian economy, worth a remarkable 1,480 trillion Kroner a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 111,868 Kroner, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, women complaining about lack of opportunity are told to "man up", the moral worth of national allies is judged by their GDP, and grim instructresses lead the unwillingly impregnated in chants of "it's all my fault" and "blessed be the fruit". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Onder Kelkia's national animal is the Mute Swan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Onder Kelkia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : Onder Kelkia was endorsed by The Nation of of Lupus Bellum.
- : Onder Kelkia was endorsed by The Empire of Arebia.
- : Onder Kelkia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Onder Kelkia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in Onder Kelkia, grim instructresses lead the unwillingly impregnated in chants of "it's all my fault" and "blessed be the fruit".
- : Following new legislation in Onder Kelkia, the moral worth of national allies is judged by their GDP.
- : Following new legislation in Onder Kelkia, women complaining about lack of opportunity are told to "man up".
- : Following new legislation in Onder Kelkia, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- : Onder Kelkia was endorsed by The Queendom of Wynessa.
Endorsements Received: 122 » Fooooooooo, North East Somerset, The Free United Nations, Norilskia, Noders, Roctubiazan, GODMODIA, Kibraltaro, Vombatidae, Silage, Truly Awsome, Tranzeet, Galbidah, Domheid, Aelyria, Alposenia, Intergalactic Super Pandas, Svartkladd, Aedyrn, Jendis, Papolikayf, Rebellious Saints, New Solaurora, Gallaecia Regnum, Asinland, Qworld, Aquilor, Detlan Republic, Natural Sciences, Ussr11, Bestelesnia, Baeos, Escalia, Shimbonil, Lone Leaf Republic, Raegis, Ictus, Precipia, Qavria, Sudslavija, Rojio, Leopurra, New Mughal Empire, New Buckner, Cushti, Ofstaria, Al Ista, Mathesoniona, Depressing Feelings, V217a, and 72 others.Alvalero, Durakem, Kendell, Tomzilla, Das-husland, Experina, Japerlasa, United Counties of Roachware, Luperkal, Nunavuut, The Erased, Baltia and Poland, Mousa Liberty, Grave_n_idle, Victoriat Hinderland, LBDJMSB, Asteran, Petorania, Newam, Lewhia, The Golden Foxes, Zargovia, Nachdem, Livsnjutare, MDRunie, Unedongo, Vocomia, Kingdom of Greeks, The Tribe of Greatness, Latino Island, Etaland, Morsetopia, QwertyKeyboard, Free States of Earth, Molco-Deutsches Reich, Starkindler, Stihl, Kazikdeath, Aspon, Litchenstienen, Elydria, San Arys, Polypotamia, Of Knowhere, Ashpit, Nova Valmiera, Stinesium, Regni Bohemiae, The English Regions, To What End, Blowing Trees, The Akeyland, Fairmount, Huijing, Eastern Tundrova Nata, Smorkf, Stalonium, Buenos Ayres del Plata, Holynuggets, Unintra, Arcotania, House Roretania, Aldwood, Economy Spartans, Wittebosland, Hagronias, North Fakita, Nynphia, A Leaf on the Wind, Wynessa, Arebia, and Lupus Bellum.