The People's Republic of Of Cheddar
“Twirling Toward Freedom”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The People's Republic of Of Cheddar is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 363 million Toe Beans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Whisker. The average income tax rate is 67.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Cheddarian economy, worth 15.8 trillion Kibbles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 43,615 Kibbles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Major cities run on potato batteries, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects, and multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Of Cheddar's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Of Cheddar, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy".
- : Of Cheddar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Of Cheddar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Of Cheddar, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects.
- : Of Cheddar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Of Cheddar, new arrivals are asked the location of the Minister of the Interior's birthmark.
- : Following new legislation in Of Cheddar, major cities run on potato batteries.
- : Following new legislation in Of Cheddar, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll.
- : Following new legislation in Of Cheddar, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal.
- : Of Cheddar endorsed The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Marinho Islands, Amerion, Qvait, Tepertopia, Corgitopiaa, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Holota, Nowa Europa, Treir, WI SD EA D, Wehraboos, Jehenna, Volaworand, The Altan, Rebel-topia, Aumeltopia, Belschaft, PenguinPies, Seythennia, Yeses, Levistian, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Erinor, Farengeto, Independent Southern State of Texas, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, LadyRebels, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Linguiniland, Bichedder, Holy Free, Tsvetania, Greater Scottdascoda, Enplatia, Eskvenn, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, Ralphburg, Gonrati, New Belgrade, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, and 4 others.The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, Herbert Island, and Ipugao.