The Safe haven of Oceria
“Focus effort on affected, live your way, bring peace”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Safe haven of Oceria is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Cècho with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.924 billion Ocerians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Administration, and Welfare also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ocerington. The average income tax rate is 75.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ocerian economy, worth 324 trillion Oces a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 111,121 Oces, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
From the highest mountain to the deepest cave - one can always count on finding a good cell signal in Oceria, proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments, and children are raised bilingual from an early age. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oceria's national animal is the Husky, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Oceria, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- : Oceria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans, Most Popular Tourist Destinations, and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Oceria, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments.
- : Following new legislation in Oceria, proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers.
- : Oceria's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Oceria relocated from Osiris to The East Pacific.
- : Oceria was refounded in Osiris.
- : Oceria ceased to exist in The East Pacific.
- : Oceria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest, Largest Information Technology Sector, and Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Oceria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.