The Colony of Oceria
“Focus effort on affected, live your way, bring peace”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Colony of Oceria is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Cècho with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, unlimited-speed roads, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful population of 1.621 billion Ocerians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ocerington. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ocerian economy, worth 179 trillion Oces a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 110,487 Oces, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Teenage TV characters are played by thirty-year-olds by the end of the second season, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections, the police are reluctantly destroying millions of DNA records, and homophobia is off the menu. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oceria's national animal is the Husky, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oceria was endorsed by The NS Pretty Girl of Fedele.
- : Following new legislation in Oceria, homophobia is off the menu.
- : Oceria was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Following new legislation in Oceria, the police are reluctantly destroying millions of DNA records.
- : Following new legislation in Oceria, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Oceria, teenage TV characters are played by thirty-year-olds by the end of the second season.
- : Following new legislation in Oceria, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard.
- : Following new legislation in Oceria, the consent form for routine blood pressure measurement has been nominated for the 'Novel Of The Year' award.
- : Oceria was endorsed by The Vizier Nominee of Ramaeus.
- : Following new legislation in Oceria, a sudden shout of "surprise!" does not herald a party for teachers.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Staynes, Brotherland, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Republic of Berzerkistan, Escade, Roissyland, Marrico, Kangarawa, BearStackof2015, Stanisiti, British Calradia, Commodore Badger, Avakael, Newark Aristocracy, CopyCato, Eagas, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Wiranath, Matdor, Axdel, Johnny Appleseed1, Dragons Blood, Feu de Glace, Tim Stark, Eastie, Ramaeus, and Marrabuk.