The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows
“We observe; therefore, we are...”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows is a massive, genial nation, ruled by John Koenig with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.394 billion Sorrowsians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nazarick. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sorrowsian economy, worth 338 trillion Minoes a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 141,567 Minoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive, the government pours millions of Minoes into rehabilitation programs annually, with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof, and political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Obscure Sorrows's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Morii.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Obscure Sorrows was endorsed by The Principality of Alambar.
- : Obscure Sorrows was endorsed by The People's Republic of Twoole.
- : Obscure Sorrows was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Obscure Sorrows was endorsed by The Federation of Peabodia.
- : Obscure Sorrows was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Obscure Sorrows, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Following new legislation in Obscure Sorrows, with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Obscure Sorrows, the government pours millions of Minoes into rehabilitation programs annually.
- : Following new legislation in Obscure Sorrows, dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive.
- : Following new legislation in Obscure Sorrows, a few people seem to spend their whole time complaining.
Endorsements Received: 106 » Aumeltopia, Qvait, Amerion, Beepee, Erinor, Hanguk-Nippon, Bleakfoot, Land Without Shrimp, Yeldarbsland, PenguinPies, Crystal Creation, Tsunamy, Wehraboos, Techganet, Volaworand, Baltenlands, Farengeto, Terran Draconia, The Filippinas, Kringalia, West Pastafaria, Anserisa, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Sedunn, Ebonhand, Holy Free, Mapico, Marinho Islands, Gonrati, Shefino, Springhollow, Compli, The Worst army of, Kandorith, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Laamiva, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Ralphburg, Andinla, New Briantown, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Concrete Slab, Bumblegaria, Peskorea, Idiono, Aidenfieeld, and 56 others.Tepertopia, Phanama, Merevane, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Zataras, Alfama, Tsvetania, Eskvenn, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Apartment 11F, Rebel-topia, Yellunstryer, Berlana, Nowa Europa, Rotenaplistan, Los Rodeos, The Imperial Frost Federation, Aurcania, Wakandan Tribes, Itani, Western Fardelshufflestein, Treir, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Synarion, The White Isles, Lionstrapower, Wallechi, Truskawkoland, Honey Cake, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, LadyRebels, West Bridgeport, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Sapientiano, Drystar, Bawkie, Noimosini, Dai Han, Fission, The United Australian States, Populaa, Ipugao, Twoole, and Alambar.