The SherpDaWerpian Colony of Obscure Issue Finder
“My god why is #1353 so hard to find?”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Glass Gallows
Regional Influence: Envoy
The SherpDaWerpian Colony of Obscure Issue Finder is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sherp with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 3.403 billion SherpDaWerpians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 21.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong SherpDaWerpian economy, worth 217 trillion Werps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 63,941 Werps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Local government operates tolls on every village road, populations of two-headed Rakshasas have been found around recently-uncovered archaeological sites, in a fit of passion Sherp has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions, and alleyways are now mostly used for illegal drug deals rather than illegal surgical procedures. Crime is well under control. Obscure Issue Finder's national animal is the Rakshasa, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Obscure Issue Finder was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Obscure Issue Finder changed its national motto to "My god why is #1353 so hard to find?".
- : Obscure Issue Finder changed its national currency to "Werp", its demonym adjective to "SherpDaWerpian", and its leader to "Sherp".
- : Obscure Issue Finder's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Minnow" to "Envoy".
- : Obscure Issue Finder relocated from Balder to Glass Gallows.
- : Obscure Issue Finder altered its national flag.
- : Obscure Issue Finder was refounded in Balder.
- : Obscure Issue Finder ceased to exist in Glass Gallows.
- : Obscure Issue Finder's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Obscure Issue Finder's influence in Glass Gallows fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".