The Federal Republic of Oano
“ Ki te kore te moana, kaore o maatau mea.”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Federal Republic of Oano is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 238 million Oanoans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Oanoan economy, worth 8.24 trillion aonas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 34,620 aonas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense, the diplomatic corps stinks, boats straying just metres away from the shore will raise the ire of the Coast Guard, and any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oano's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oano was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Danily.
- : Oano was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Oano was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Solanosco.
- : Oano's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Oano was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Oano, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Following new legislation in Oano, boats straying just metres away from the shore will raise the ire of the Coast Guard.
- : Following new legislation in Oano, the diplomatic corps stinks.
- : Following new legislation in Oano, saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense.
- : Following new legislation in Oano, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Oano City Times is sold out.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Freavia, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Holota, Purple Hyacinth, Corgitopiaa, Drugged up Kitties, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Treir, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Volaworand, Amerion, Aumeltopia, Nowa Europa, PenguinPies, Crystal Creation, Scu Greinne, Qvait, Herbert Island, Yeses, Jehenna, Belschaft, Rebel-topia, Ebonhand, Beepee, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Unojo, Ceutalia, LadyRebels, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Kaoia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, JavaSiege, Dalegreen, Farengeto, Kaleidescooptopia, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Rhetiaa, Eastern Mekong, North Prarie, Agletgreenia, Fighting Kawi Ninja, and 2 others.Solanosco, and Danily.