The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 99
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 99 is a colossal, efficient nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.723 billion Oaks 99ians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 75.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 99ian economy, worth 894 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 133,045 planets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Group hugs break out during floor votes, the little guy plays a big role in Oaks 99ian politics, the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Oaks 99ian democracy, and cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 99's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 99's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 99 relocated from Chiron to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 99 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 99's influence in Chiron fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Oaks 99 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 99 became WA Delegate of Chiron.
- : Oaks 99's influence in Chiron rose from "Zero" to "Negotiator".
- : Oaks 99 was endorsed by The Empire of Fidelis 61.
- : Oaks 99 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Chiron.
- : Oaks 99 was endorsed by The Republic of Interceptor LIV.