The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 51
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 51 is a colossal, efficient nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, parental licensing program, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.731 billion Oaks 51ians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 63.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 51ian economy, worth 865 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 128,598 planets, with the richest citizens earning 8.2 times as much as the poorest.
At least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Leader's wardrobe, state officials tend to disappear after they forget to salute Leader's portrait, there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes, and basic multiplication is all you need to know to have a child. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 51's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 51's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 51 relocated from The Femboy Isles to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 51 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 51's influence in The Femboy Isles rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Oaks 51 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 51's influence in The Femboy Isles rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Oaks 51 relocated from Artificial Solar System to The Femboy Isles.
- : Oaks 51 endorsed The Holy Empire of Radiant Sword 87.
- : Oaks 51 was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Radiant Sword 87.
- : Oaks 51 endorsed The Republic of Extraneous Fauxia.