The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 28
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 28 is a colossal, orderly nation, notable for its zero percent divorce rate, avowedly heterosexual populace, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.017 billion Oaks 28ians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 79.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 28ian economy, worth 853 trillion planets a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 121,638 planets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Children get arrested for floating paper boats on lakes, every day's an auto-de-fé day, the army spends more time producing 'romantic videos' than actually training soldiers, and a full moon at night lets economists sleep tight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 28's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 28 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Oaks 28 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and the Top 10% for Highest Economic Output.
- : Oaks 28's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 28 relocated from The Alterran Confederacy to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 28 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 28's influence in The Alterran Confederacy rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Oaks 28's influence in The Alterran Confederacy rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Oaks 28 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 28's influence in The Alterran Confederacy rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Oaks 28 relocated from Artificial Solar System to The Alterran Confederacy.