The Refugi Spirit of Oaks 278
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Refugi Spirit of Oaks 278 is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its fear of technology, compulsory vegetarianism, and lack of airports. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.98 billion Oaks 278ians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 49.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Oaks 278ian economy, worth 399 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Basket Weaving, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 80,207 planets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins, the public transport system has been eliminated, Oaks 278 City has become the number one destination for urban exploration in Artificial Solar System, and reflection is vital for badly behaved politicians. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 278's national animal is the goose, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 278's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Oaks 278's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Oaks 278's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Oaks 278 relocated from Land of Abisa to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 278 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 278 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 278's influence in Land of Abisa rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Oaks 278 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Land of Abisa.
- : Oaks 278 was endorsed by The Stand of Cinderellaa.
- : Oaks 278 endorsed The Federation of Ioke 7.